SUPPLY CHAIN POLICY
Management no: RBM-JSVB-27
1. Julie Sandlau Vietnam (JSV) is an international Danish high-end jewellry manufacturer founded in 2005. This policy confirms JSV’s commitment to respect human rights, avoid contributing to the finance of conflict and comply with all relevant UN sanctions, resolutions and laws.
2. JSV is a certified member of the Responsible Jewellery Council (RJC). As such, we commit to proving, through independent third-party verification, that we:
a. respect human rights according to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and International Labor Organization Fundamental Rights at Work;
b. do not engage in or tolerate bribery, corruption, money laundering or finance of terrorism;
c. support transparency of government payments and rights-compatible security forces in the extractives industry;
d. do not provide direct or indirect support to illegal armed groups; and
e. enable stakeholders to voice concerns about the jewellery supply chain.
f. are implementing the OECD 5-Step framework as a management process for risk based due diligence for responsible supply chains of minerals from conflict-affected and high-risk areas.
3. We also commit to using our influence to prevent abuses by others.
We will evaluate suppliers to address the risks of non-compliance. When identifying any risk, depend on the type of impact identified we will decide to take appropriate action. Serious impacts will require immediate action, including disengaging the supplier, or temporarily suspending trade until the impact has been mitigated.
Complaints mechanism for interested parties to voice concerns about materials from Conﬂict-affected and high-risk areas (CAHRAs):
CSR & Certifications Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Regarding serious abuses associated with the extraction, transport or trade of gold, silver, PGM, diamonds/colored gemstones:
We will neither tolerate nor profit from, contribute to, assist or facilitate the commission of:
a. torture, cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment;
b. forced or compulsory labor;
c. the worst forms of child labor;
d. human rights violations and abuses; or
e. war crimes, violations of international humanitarian law, crimes against humanity or genocide.
5. We will immediately stop engaging with upstream suppliers if we find a reasonable risk that they are committing abuses described in 4 or are sourcing from, or linked to, any party committing these abuses.
6. Regarding direct or indirect support to non-state armed groups:
We only sell or purchase diamonds/colored gemstones that are fully compliant with the Kimberley Process Certification Scheme and, as such, will not tolerate direct or indirect support to non-state armed groups, including, but not limited to, procuring diamonds/colored gemstones from, making payments to, or otherwise helping or equipping non-state armed groups or their affiliates who illegally:
a. control mine sites, transportation routes, points where diamonds/colored gemstones are traded and upstream actors in the supply chain; or
b. tax or extort money or diamonds/colored gemstones at mine sites, along transportation routes or at points where diamonds/colored gemstones are traded, or from intermediaries, export companies or international traders.
7. We will immediately stop engaging with upstream suppliers if we find a reasonable risk that they are sourcing from, or are linked to, any party providing direct or indirect support to non-state armed groups as described in paragraph 6.
8. Regarding public or private security forces:
We affirm that the role of public or private security forces is to provide security to workers, facilities, equipment and property in accordance with the rule of law, including law that guarantees human rights. We will not provide direct or indirect support to public or private security forces that commit abuses described in paragraph 4 or that act illegally as described in paragraph 6.
9. Regarding bribery and fraudulent misrepresentation of the origin of gold, silver, PGM, diamonds/colored gemstones:
We will not offer, promise, give or demand bribes, and will resist the solicitation of bribes, to conceal or disguise the origin of gold, silver, PGM, diamonds/colored gemstones, or to misrepresent taxes, fees and royalties paid to governments for the purposes of extraction, trade, handling, transport and export of gold, silver, PGM, diamonds/colored gemstones.
10. Regarding money laundering:
We will support and contribute to efforts to eliminate money laundering where we identify a reasonable risk resulting from, or connected to, the extraction, trade, handling, transport or export of gold, silver, PGM, diamonds/colored gemstones.
11. Suppliers are required to periodically submit 3rd party audit results to JSV to demonstrate their responsible business practice.
Soren Roed Pedersen
Date of effect: 17/07/2020